When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1918 Columbia renovation

-

ChadC

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi all,
this will be my "journal" documenting the renovation of the Columbia currently in my care. I purchased her last year kinda by accident while purchasing a WW1 Raleigh, and returned to the USA after a lengthy trip to Europe! I'm trying to be as accurate as possible, and hopefully do justice to this bicycle and make sure the gods are pleased with my efforts! Lol...

Here's how she looked up till a few weeks ago...

I'd also like this thread to serve as a little tribute to my late wife Glenna, who passed away 21/01/19 at the age of 45 after a 5 year battle against breast cancer. We were together nearly 25 years, and she always rolled her eyes at the latest project, and I'm sure this one is no different, lol. I'd like to think it was her who kicked me in the a$$ to get moving on this project...

Make the most of this worrisome and dangerous time with your family and loved ones, time is too fleeting and can, and will change in the blink of an eye.

Lots more to come...

Chad

Last edited:
Great article @fordsnake. Anybody ever see a scrap of the web straps? I'm not knowledgeable on WW1 field gear at all.

Back