When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1918 Columbia renovation

-
Nope. No joy today! But I coincidentally got a shipping notice from UPS that the parts were just picked up and will be here tomorrow. It would be a roughly 3 hour drive to go pick them up.

Stay tuned for something related but different...

I’m pretty excited to get mail anymore. Just hard to read or play with from 6 feet away.
I can’t wait to see what you get..keep us all up to speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol...Yeah...mail is the dangerous highlight of the day.:tonguewink: Lol...open up boxes outside and dump everything. I always did that anyway...gross.

Got these out to polish and lube...my Elgin and Waltham collection. Period stuff

20200326_133431.jpg

Hi Chad,

Nice, WW1 trench type watches. Hard to believe that the wristwatch is only just over 100 years old, and was a development of WW1.

I used to collect military watches, and obviously still have a interest. I have a couple of WW1, both Omega's, and an aircraft clock (basically a big pocket watch).

I have standard military Elgins and Walthams from WW2, Army, USAAF and USMC (no USN, never saw one). British (swiss made) watches from WW2, then postwar RAF watches, starting with the Omega 53, finishing with Seiko 7A28, 1980's RAF watch.

i then moved onto Space worn only, a 1967 Omega Speedmaster made in the same batch as Buzz Aldrin's watch, Russian Sturmanski, Chinese Seagull. then stopped, and became interested in other things. (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Lol...yes. I stopped at these 4, because it is too easy to get out of hand! I can't wear the blank face Waltham, because I'm left handed. They are amazing little delicate things that just work.

Reactions: JLF
Killing more time waiting for the UPS guy to get here...cleaned and running!
From a time when things were made with care and attention to detail...

Oh the mystery...

Amazing detail on this lady Waltham!

More little things done....bell base cleaned, painted and moving freely, rear hub parts degreased, bearings cleaned and repacked....

Back