When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1918 Columbia renovation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is my first attempt at restoring a bicycle...everything else has been larger. This is more fun because they fit in the house and I don't hurt for 2 days after working on them. I guess I get excited over little things. :yum:

Stay safe...wash your hands.

Some random stuff...

the old colors...
View attachment 1160287

View attachment 1160288

And using @Bozman plans, painters dropcloth and a can of flex seal....Phil Swift would be proud.
View attachment 1160297

View attachment 1160289

View attachment 1160290

Fingers all intact...

View attachment 1160294

More cuts needed...

View attachment 1160293

View attachment 1160295

View attachment 1160296

I didn't get a pic, but I sprayed a final coat using the last of the can. I even made the rubberized canvas authentic by overspraying the gravel and dirt in! Cool thing, after the flap totally cured, it retained the shape of the fender perfectly!

View attachment 1160302

Hello Chad;
sykerocker must have been confused with your INDIAN 741b.
Regards;
Serge

I dug out the screws I thought might work and they were tiny, but not this small. They looked like bolts next to these rivets! Lol...spares would be appreciated, and I'd compensate. Y'all know better than I do, so this will be fixed immediately.

I've taken a few liberties here and there with things like the bell, glass reflector, drop stand, etc, but all the liberties I have taken are more or less period, AFAIK (which is limited, so I've relied on the good folks here).The fenders are not correct, but I'm happy with them for now. The seat I have on now is not correct, but will be my riding seat. A set of clenchers are on the way soon too.

I laced up my first ever set of wheels the other day. It took most of the day....it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm pretty darn happy with myself learning something new, even if they are wrong! The front only need a little adjustment to not rub anywhere!! I haven't done the back yet as I have to remove the wheel to disassemble the hub and fix the parts so it spins the correct way when peddled.

I've honestly had more fun with this than pretty much any other vehicle I've restored!

Hi All,

In case it helps, this is the untouched badge on mine:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Columbia Military Model 02B.jpg

Columbia Military Model 03.JPG

Back