When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1918 Columbia renovation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The other parts...ND frame clamp and a NOS clamp bolt that'll get trimmed down a bit. These and the ND hub I just got will be the last parts to be sent off for plating.

I hope everyone is well.

Small update...one box sent to the plater yesterday and it was delivered a little while ago. Also got a return shipping notice for the toe clips! Barring any problems, they'll be here tomorrow!

I thought I read somewhere...who knows....lol. I however don't think the ND Model D on there now is correct. It'll work just fine functionally obviously....I read too much info and it all blends together.

Digging around in the way back machine and thought I'd just link this here...

Hi @ChadC @New Mexico Brant

Does the Columbia WWI bicycle take a New Departure or a Morrow on the rear; I was going to use a Morrow on mine but want it to be correct?

Originally, it was a Morrow. It's the early version with just the Patent dates written from side to side across the hub, last patent date being 1909. This was the standard Morrow hub layout until about 1930.

1587017753198.png

(Photo Robert Bell)

Mine has this, as do several other survivors. On mine it also has the earlier Morrow gear, with no slot for removing spokes. I'm told this wasn't generally seen on commercial bikes after about 1912, so it's either a replacement, or they were using up old stock on a Government Contract.

I still need a correct front axle, and don't know the make (though suspect it's Eclipse Machinery).

1587016810038.png

1587016848268.png

(Original photos, Wing your Heel)

I have written a provisional Parts Source list for these bikes. It's not finished, but I could publish a draft here for us to discuss if you'd like? I like to know what's correct, but don't want us to get into 'rivet counting' exercises, if you see what I mean?

Best Regards,

Adrian

Morning...Adrian, you list would be great to see! I try not to be a rivet counter, it's a sure way to madness! :p
Since I still know very little, and am easily sidetracked and confused...the Morrow D I have on there now is the correct "brand", obviously, but a much later model? i liked the script on this ND model A...is it at least correct-ish time frame wise? That's close enough for me....

This is what I've been working on while waiting for parts the past few days, and it's almost done...russian Mosin Nagant rifle crate converted into a coffee table. I built the top, glass will be here tomorrow! Filled with bits and pieces from my 30 year collection....this encompasses pretty much my entire WW1 collection.

20200415_080102.jpg

Back