eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This poop eating grim I'm wearing in this photo, taken by Caber dfa242, was replaced by a look of forlornness & buyer's remorse when I got home from Copake. I started to believe that all the snickerers & sayer's of nay, were right. There were many of them, pretty much everyone I knew there & then some. I consoled myself, somewhat, that the block chain wrapped around the frame could be salvaged for a good part of the purchase price. It is pretty much freed up now. On closer inspection, the frame wasn't that crusty & all the bends, when taken separately, weren't terrible by themselves. I really like this style motorbike, it has a certain elegance. Some smithin', a little welding, bondo, paint, a tank & here we are. Sprung for two bills worth of nickel, which should be done next week. A word on the tank, if any of my bike's look like they'll take a tank, they're getting one, whether they like it or not.

fullsizeoutput_2dd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2de.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2fe.jpeg

Last edited:

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Starting to come together, 2 spd red band on faux wood grained, grooved metal clads. Thanks to Bikewhorder for originally posting the grooving process & Wayne Adam for giving me some great tips on Faux wood finishes. Waiting patiently for nickel parts.

fullsizeoutput_31a.jpeg

carlitos60

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Great Investment for Sure!!! I Don't Like Pretty Girls, But They're Cool Too!
Super Nice Job!
Rust Rules for Me!

abe lugo

I live for the CABE
looking great, I have one of these also, one of my favorite bikes. please keep updating!

I forgot to mention the air pump bracket looks like it holding onto the tree in the background, funny shot.

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
All together, took it for a little test ride, needs a couple of tweaks, but pretty good all around. Thanks for all of the positive feedback. Stopped by Buddha for approval, he's easy. A lot of Caber's gave me help w/ this one. Working on a rack, in the mean time, taking it for a good ride today.

fullsizeoutput_35a.jpeg

rusty.kirkpatrick

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
All together, took it for a little test ride, needs a couple of tweaks, but pretty good all around. Thanks for all of the positive feedback. Stopped by Buddha for approval, he's easy. A lot of Caber's gave me help w/ this one. Working on a rack, in the mean time, taking it for a good ride today.

View attachment 479263
Would have to be one of the most drastic before and afters ever! Beautiful job.

mfhemi1969

Finally riding a big boys bike
This &#!^ eating grim I'm wearing in this photo, taken by Caber dfa242, was replaced by a look of forlornness & buyer's remorse when I got home from Copake. I started to believe that all the snickerers & sayer's of nay, were right. There were many of them, pretty much everyone I knew there & then some. I consoled myself, somewhat, that the block chain wrapped around the frame could be salvaged for a good part of the purchase price. It is pretty much freed up now. On closer inspection, the frame wasn't that crusty & all the bends, when taken separately, weren't terrible by themselves. I really like this style motorbike, it has a certain elegance. Some smithin', a little welding, bondo, paint, a tank & here we are. Sprung for two bills worth of nickel, which should be done next week. A word on the tank, if any of my bike's look like they'll take a tank, they're getting one, whether they like it or not.

View attachment 469010

View attachment 469011

View attachment 469012
Incredible! Great Job Dude.....