1918 Dayton Double Bar Roadster

This ad disappears when logged in

frampton

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 31, 2012
unknown
I recently bought this Dayton from the original owner's grandson. It was his grandfather's transportation to and from work. It is covered in dirt, oil, rust and bird &#!^. It lived in the attic of an old garage for decades. The frame design looks like the same used for military service. Original hubs were relaced to 26" rims. Likely because of tire availability. I see evidence of a brushed repaint in a Carmine color. Serial is in line with the chain and has a lone number 8 above 150. WOW, I'm stoked!

00S0S_b4iSa4ug90j_1200x900.jpg
00s0s_ch4HGLQT5z6_1200x900.jpg
DSC00011.JPG
DSC00010.JPG
DSC00002.JPG
DSC00003.JPG
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00009.JPG
DSC00007.JPG

Last edited:

Kato

Dec 10, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Any updates..........can't wait to see what's been done - how it's cleaning up !! :)

frampton

May 31, 2012
unknown
Hey, thanks for the interest in the ole Dayton. Cool bike for sure. I have spent more time ogling and researching then actually working on it. A few killer acquisitions have come my way since purchase so it has lingered in the garage waiting for a chance to be massaged back into shape. I sometimes play catch and release, so it may go away in the future.

DOUBLEBAR

On Training Wheels
Feb 2, 2016
Kitchener
Catch and release - into the grease.
You know who to hit up. Get that thing into some motivated hands.
Hello Mongeese,Jamie here in Canada,Thx for putting up the picture of a bike exactly like I have,still really need the maker name and would love to find a badge? This mystery bike is taking its toll on me!Help Jamie

hoofhearted

Saint Lactose The Tolerant
Jan 20, 2010
Fairborn, Ohio
Hey, thanks for the interest in the ole Dayton. Cool bike for sure. I have spent more time ogling and researching then actually working on it. A few killer acquisitions have come my way since purchase so it has lingered in the garage waiting for a chance to be massaged back into shape. I sometimes play catch and release, so it may go away in the future.

If I could get a chance to own that ride, there are things that I would not want ...........

The Saddle ....

The Handlebar and Stem ...

Both Wheelsets and Tires ...

The Rear Fender and Braces ...

The Pedals ...
...................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................

I can pay using a U.S. Postal Money Order.

I expect to pay shipping.

..... patric cafaro

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture