When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1918 F.M. Jones Golden Gate Motobike

-

Edwin

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I was hoping someone would help with a value on my 1916-18 F.M. Jones Golden Gate Motobike. I purchased the frame, forks, and fenders together with no wheels. Made it a rider by using 700cc road wheels in a non-machined finish. The wheels are laced up to a S.A. dynamo hub with drum brake in the front. Rear is a S.A. 3 speed
IMG_5303.jpg
IMG_5313.jpg
IMG_5312.jpg
IMG_5311.jpg
IMG_5310.jpg
IMG_5309.jpg
IMG_5308.jpg
IMG_5307.jpg
IMG_5304.jpg
IMG_5664_2.jpg
d coaster brake. 3 Speed is attached to a wonderful S.A. Sport shift on the top tube. I believe the crankset is from a Monarch, but could be wrong. Also has the Moto style kickstand, not sure where it was from, but fit the fenders perfectly. I built the bike to be a forever bike, sadly, a change in location with a lack of storage necessitates the move. I thought I would ask about an appropriate asking price here before listing for sale locally and on The Cabe. I really appreciate the help. FYI, the bike rides amazing, and gets looks and talks all around town.

Interesting configuration of gadgets on that one. I really like the inner-tube strapped to the frame. BNot sure about the value. Not a whole lot unless you have the original wheels and hubs and seat.

Don

Last edited:
Back