When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1919 Iver Johnson - Now Selling Parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Payment Terms
Cash, zelle, PayPal, venmo, cash app, almost anything!!
Zipcode
Guys (and gals) - I have an idea to possibly get this bike put back together. Surely there are enough people out there that want to see a bike like this restored and displayed somewhere publicly. I'm hoping that maybe a few (or even several) of us on here can team up to get this done. When I put this up for sale, it was not to make money, it was because I don't have the knowledge or expertise to restore it, or even reassemble it. I would rather it go to someone or some people who can actually put it back together so it is around for another 100 years. I have invested over $3500 in procuring parts for this little bicycle (I sold the rat trap pedals). I know I overpaid for some stuff and that's ok. I'm willing to take a big hit on that and even hand deliver the bike and the parts anywhere in the country. I will cut my asking price by 10 percent more and maybe 9 other people are willing to pay 10%, and maybe others are willing to help with or do the restoration - and we can get this done.

I'm just trying to get this thing out of my attic and into the view of people who are interested in seeing it. Surely we can figure this out. If anyone has any ideas, please reply. I promise I'm open to about anything.

I hate to say this, but, if people who love bicycles don't care to see this bike put back together, then I'm not sure I should really care. Maybe I should just sell the parts and stop being so sentimental. You guys tell me, is it that big of a deal for this bike to be restored? Or should I just sell the parts and forget about it?

Last edited:
While it may be rare these juvenile bicycles just don't have much demand and therefore much value. I think a complete one of these would maybe be in the $500-750 range but I'll let the Iver/TOC experts @Iverider @ivrjhnsn @Jesse McCauley @New Mexico Brant @Barnegatbicycles @cr250mark @kccomet correct me if they think I'm out of line. That said if you don't have the ability to reassemble and enjoy it then I'd sell the parts so you could to recoup as much as possible. Jus my 2c

I agree with Shawn, you maybe the only person in the World truly interested and vested in seeing that model through. If you want to see it finished move forward. At $3,500 in, it kind of seems like "throwing good money after bad." If the bike is "perfectly" restored at most it'll be a $1,200-$1,500 bicycle; that is if you can even find a buyer. As an amateur restoration, which is sounds like the trajectory based on your experience, it could be as Shawn says: $500-750 value upon completion.

I agree with Shawn, you maybe the only person in the World truly interested and vested in seeing that model through. If you want to see it finished move forward. At $3,500 in, it kind of seems like "throwing good money after bad." If the bike is "perfectly" restored at most it'll be a $1,200-$1,500 bicycle; that is if you can even find a buyer. As an amateur restoration, which is sounds like the trajectory based on your experience, it could be as Shawn says: $500-750 value upon completion.

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the info.

I'm thinking I'll just sell off the parts. I hate to do it, but it's just reality. I remember when I first posted about it here on the cabe and lots of people said it was the only pre-1920 boys juvenile bike they'd ever seen. Most were either completely destroyed or melted down in the war effort. Since then, several people have sent me pictures of what they thought to be pre-1920 bikes, but all proved not to be (and many not even close). That's the main reason I held this little bike in such high regard (not monetarily). As Dave said a earlier in this thread, it's truly one of a kind.

I definitely won't be doing any work on this bike. I couldn't do it justice and would just be robbing the parts from another restorer trying to complete a quality restore.

I guess I have a tough decision to make.

I remember when I first posted about it here on the cabe and lots of people said it was the only pre-1920 boys juvenile bike they'd ever seen.
You are mis-informed; there are heaps of pre-1920's juvenile bicycles. Maybe not this exact model but plenty exist by other firms. I would bet one, or more of the Iver Johnson collectors are aware of some pre-20's ones. And why is that 1920 date so special? A teens era bicycle typically gets priced the same way as a 1920's model.

The early juveniles often to not get posted because most collectors do not care for them, and they are of low value. Typically they are pretty broken-down as they received use by multiple generations. Also they are tricky to restore because of finding matched rims and tires. Again in they end they usually are worth less than the restoration costs.

Number 8 in this batch is much earlier than your Boy Scout; $200 took it home.

Except for the nearly complete Speed-O-Bike ($650) everything else including the red Iver ($100) was $200 or less. All of these could probably be considered rare but as we’ve said the juvenile bikes just don’t get much love.

Back