When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920 elgin paint code?

-

Here's my original Elgin. Maybe this will help.

There seams to be at least 2 differnt reds and im guessing im just going to have to take a shot in the dark for the darker red.

I love the bikes guys

NO! Stay with cherry red. it will eventually darken down (patina) to a fine cherry wine colour..... after many years, of aging. If you want to hurry it along, (Of course you do) add a few DROPS of black to temper the red.

I'm sitting looking at my bike.......I think those 2 colors would look great.
The white on mine is more like an ivory and the red looks pretty close - mine might be a little darker / bluer........but then I'm in pigments / color industry and been a color matcher for 35 years :)

Last edited:
I'm sitting looking at my bike.......I think those 2 colors would look great.
The white on mine is more like an ivory and the red looks pretty close - mine might be a little darker / bluer........but then IO'm in pigment / color industry and been a color matcher for 35 years :)
Thats very helpful thankyou

Not too familiar with codes for paint; but once on a Rust-Oleum or distributors website, I saw some RGB-codes for some of their paints.
The colors are not the same when I use the codes on my computer; (Microsoft custom colors) perhaps depending on displays or drivers and printers.
For "Regal Red" their RGB code sequence was 144-34-37, which is more of an orangy fire truck red.
Rust-Oleum also has or had a "Cherry Red" but I did not record a RGB code for that one.

Last edited:
Back