When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920' indian wood wheel for sale

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kunzog

I live for the CABE
1920's Indian Wood Wheel Bicycle for sale

I am selling my INDIAN BICYCLE. I recently had it listed on ebay but no sale. Here is the information from that listing:

1920's INDIAN BICYCLE made by Hendee Mfg Co. Springfield Mass. Older restoration that has some nicks and scratches from being displayed and stored. This is the Indian "Electrically Equipped" model. The tank was designed to hold a dry cell battery to power the Headlight and Tailight. The steel Tank is an exact reproduction of the original. This bike has 28" Wood Wheels that are the narrow racing style with a slight peak in the center. New Departure Hubs front and rear. The handlebars are not original and I used wood plugs in the ends to extend the grips out a few inches. The front rim is slightly warped but I will include another wood rim if you desire to replace it. It has solid white reproduction Universal tires that have never been ridden on but have aged to a nice off white. A few small parts need to be plated, the top and bottom head bearing cups, the truss rod nuts and maybe the wheel hubs although they are not bad. The Indian headbadge is original as is the unique Indian sprocket. This rare Indian Bicycle just needs a new owner to bring it to the next level. I have a Notebook with copies of original Indian Advertising Literature pertaining to this bicycle that I will Include.

I will ship but not outside of the U.S. I will consider a trade for a low mileage, late model Harley Sportster or older big twin Harley or interesting antique motorcycle but would have to be within a few hundred miles unless you can arrange pick up and delivery. Located near Charleston, S.C.

Price is firm at $4500.00 but will negotiate if your trade is worth more.
Email: [email protected] Ph. 843 871 9098
http://oldbike.homestead.com/

Indianrtside2-1.jpg

Indianww1-1.jpg

IndianHeadbadge-1.jpg

Last edited:
RE: Indian

Beautiful bike. I have a 1924 Indian that I am cleaning up as we speak but it's not the electronicaly equiped one.
Any chance you would share the literature you have for it?

Thanks for the nice scans, greatly appreciated! Dont know if you know it or not but the front section of the tank should be made to come apart so a very large 1 1/2 volt battery fits in there to power the lights.

Last edited:
I assumed the tank had some spiffy function, but mine was made from two halves of a car exhaust. So I did without the battery compartment

Thanks for all the interest, this Indian has been sold and is going to a new home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back