When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920 ish excelsior deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
By the way, it's a great old bike in really nice condition with a lot of original paint. Someone would love to have it if you are moving it on.

Mike

I'm not great at valuing bikes. The wood wheels are what was put on almost all bikes of the era this one was produced in. Very common for the age. Most are in too poor condition to use and require special tires that are glued on the rims. Tires are available but are expensive and only if the wheels are in really great condition should it be considered. Most people that are going to ride these oldies (me included) replace the wood wheels with metal ones of the same size (28").

I am not at the bike right now..I will try from a different angle tomorrow..the badge does say excelsior out of indiana
20180803_093052[1].jpg

20180803_093058[1].jpg

Here are two more shots of the headbadge.....still not that good...those bars really block me...do you have any idea on the value?

The bars may be of a work bike style; (forgot what the exact term is).
I like those seat posts shown with that obtuse angle; I believe made to lean back, but not down.
Looks to me like the seat post was put in backwards, just to get the seat higher, (on first bike).

Last edited:
The seat post is one used on the early bikes. Someone dubbed it "lucky seven" because of the shape (not sure why the lucky part). Very common for that era. There were many different shape handle bars used. I see nothing wrong with the ones on the bike.

Back