When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920ish Excelsior deluxe project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks everyone. A year and a half ago when I posted this bike I just assumed (we all know what happens when you do that!) everyone would be excited to see a bike be redone so it didn't occur to me to list details of what was wrong with the bike. Wrong rear wheel cracked front wheel, heavy pitting in much of the plating and on. One other reason I really wanted to do this bike was because I LOVED the colors and could imagine what the bike looked like new. I have seen many Schwinn bikes looking like new, but never an Excelsior Deluxe. I love projects that are just a little different and unique.

"...a little different and unique." Works for me. Those that are worth saving, get saved. Those that are gnarly enough to remind me of those extremely annoying anti smoking commercials, get restored. Your's seems like a good candidate, looking great so far, can't wait to see it all together.

Assembly started!!

I finally had a free Saturday afternoon and managed to get a bit of assembling done. Im going to redo the blue on the head badge. Its not very close to the original. Everything fit together very well and I didn't break anything!! A while back I picked up a re pop battery can. I never did a test fit and if it was a inch longer it wouldn't have fit into the frame. I know they came in different sizes maybe a smaller can would have been a better choice.
Hopefully this week I get the wheels fully built and the front fender put on.

DSC_5922.jpg

DSC_5913.jpg

DSC_5906.jpg

DSC_5893.jpg

looks great,send a pic to the guy in Neb. when you get it completed.
I bought the bike locally here in Canada. From what I understand the guy I bought it from owned it with his father who is a truck driver. He is always going from Canada to the U.S and considers himself one of those pickers bringing stuff back with him to Canada.
Thanks for the compliments

Back