When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920ish Mead Ranger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
what does everyone use for wheels for these bikes .....?.

I got a 29" cruiser wheelset and mounted 700x42c Specialized Sawtooth tires. They fill the fenders nicely and are 1.75" wide. Rides like a dream.;)
IMG_20181102_180542612.jpg

IMG_20181102_180349230.jpg

IMG_20170613_182548667.jpg

1919 Mead Arch Frame Ranger

where does one get them at a reasonable price ? are you guys just buying the hoops and lacing yourself with ND hubs ?

Mine were on it when I got it. The guy had bought the bike at an estate sale, the wood rims were toast, so he bought the rims, had the original Morrow coaster laced to the back, and decided to use a modern sealed bearing hub on the front. I wish he had used the og hub, really wish he hadn't thrown away the original wheels.

It rides sweet, I plan on getting a set of 700x42 or 45 tires for it, the 32's are just to skinny for my liking. Can't go bigger than a 45 as there isn't much more room in the chain stays.

Then again, 700 x 42 is the speed of light, so maybe it will be faster. ;)

( 700 x 42 * the speed of light = 8.81389827 × 1012 m / s )

Back