When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920s-1930s Hercules

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
english hercules was a compeditor to the raleigh bicycle during 1900's to 40's and later sold out to raliegh.

I have one with the same frame/ lug design and the same "Hercules" crank, also the BB with the grease fittings. I've gone back and forth as to if mine's really that old, but I'm fairly confident it is. (Mine's missing a Sturmey 3-speed rear hub so I can't get the date stamp off of it).
It's very difficult to get good reliable info of a timeline for Hercules bikes.

Mine looks like hell but I'll get some pics posted.

Where English Bikes using 1/2" pitch chains that early? Or now that I think of it did they ever?

Here are some pics. It's got newer fenders from a Phillips (a very similar English bike of the era).

IMAG0188-1.jpg

IMAG0189-1.jpg

IMAG0191-1.jpg

IMAG0194-1.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Your bike is somewhat different. It has decorative lugs, a metal headbadge, a hole in the front fork crown for a hand brake system. I would guess yours is newer.

Yours will clean up! Brillo on the chrome for starters. I think these bikes are not so valuable that they should be left as is. I restored my headbadge, from pics, with fine-tips permanent mark Sharpies-- red, silver, black and gold-leaf.

Back