When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920s CCM

-
Those double bars were just a styling effort. some companies used straight double bars, although they did add strength.
Here is a CCM I want

Attachments

• CCM Flyte 1935.jpg
    CCM Flyte 1935.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 209
Flyte enthusiast

Thanks to my Dad's forsight in buying a CCM Flyte in 1937 I am lucky enough to have one.Unfortunatly as a teenager in the '60's it wasn't nearly cool enough so I tossed the fenders and traded the handle bars for something far more racy. I Know I know that was then this is now.Have tried to redeem myself and have cleaned her up ,but am still missing the fenders and am looking for the correct handle bars. In the process of restoring the saddle. I won't even go into what happened to the head badge,looking for one of those too. Like to share some pictures:

Attachments

• Flyte 1.jpg
    Flyte 1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Flyte 2.jpg
    Flyte 2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 194
flyth

i have one of those too. its getting painted this winter marron i have some nos fenders same color an good used wheel set. i am useing a 37 hub.i have a few other hubs too i isnew herclus other can not remember them are nice bikes i am going to sell of some ccm 28 frames soon 1 is small frame doublebar other is a tall frame both will need going over thou

1933 date code??

Hi is there anyone that can tell me if this model is worth spending time and money on, restoration? by the serial number it appears to be a 1933 model but i am not sure how correct the front forks and hubs are, any help would be great thanks parts would be needed if any one can help

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/3471265138-1223361517-53289/34712

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to my Dad's forsight in buying a CCM Flyte in 1937 I am lucky enough to have one.Unfortunatly as a teenager in the '60's it wasn't nearly cool enough so I tossed the fenders and traded the handle bars for something far more racy. I Know I know that was then this is now.Have tried to redeem myself and have cleaned her up ,but am still missing the fenders and am looking for the correct handle bars. In the process of restoring the saddle. I won't even go into what happened to the head badge,looking for one of those too. Like to share some pictures:

It was my great uncle that had the forsight in buying a 1937 Flyte new and passing it to my father then me!
I am in the process of restoring it with a period track racer look.
Regards
Gavin
New Zealand

Back