When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920's Davis Sewing machine co.(Huffman/Shelby) in Cerulean Blue possible Yale or Speedway Special

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Did some digging. More questions than answers. The frame and fork seem early. Did Shelby really get stuff from Davis from 1916-1917? I have this Dayton ad from 1917. The frame seems to have this geometry, but the picture shows the early Dayton "only" fork.(with the curved truss rods). Davis got the Yale name from Consolidated in 1916ish? I think? So...I can see why Yale is the ID since Dayton and Yale shared frame and not forks. Badge holes throws me for Yale.....
image.jpg

Patric, I had wondered about it being Westfield ,but never did find out if Westfield was the only ones that made the Double D .Thank you ..Tom

with that ser #, it's the Devil's bike!

Oh. lol. I tell people that this bike was allegedly found at the crossroads where Robert Johnson sold his soul to Learn the blues. it fits really well for me, cause the fork looks like it's meant to imitate rather than function and it reminds me of Stephen king's "From a Buick 8" (which was kind of another devil car book where the car was blue, with imitation components) The color is original and so unique it's definitely bluesy, and it reminds me of a 79 caprice i had as a teenager, it was two tone with 666 in the VIN and I was kind of a bad man in that car. So I find the bike to be very fitting to me. Traditional to any devil bike, it caused us problems right away, by losing the seat cover on the highway in traffic and coming undone from the bike rack and scratching the paint off our bumper.

Back