When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920's elgin and Early 1900's CCM Cleveland Info Needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cr250mark

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I Recently had a opportunity to pick up 5 Very nice Old Bicycles.
Two of these bikes being : 1 Old elgin expecting 1920's and 1 Cleveland - CCM Expecting early 1900
I have done some research and know some Info but I would like to acquire more information.
Would you think Elgin was Military Related ? Olive color with fine Black pinstriping. Look like motorbike handlebars ?
Front wooden rim Back metal with paint matching bicycle.
Any info?
CCM Has Original leather grips with "CCM " stamped Leather bag. Wood Rims.
Elgin Serial # A6277
CCM Serial # K18629

SAM_6957.jpg
SAM_6956.jpg
SAM_6964.jpg
SAM_6966.jpg
SAM_6967.jpg
SAM_6970.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_6961.jpg
    SAM_6961.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 507
Both Have original Paint and pinstriping.
Do you have any idea about Model of this Elgin.

That Elgin is awesome! I think the bottlecap headbadged Elgins were made by Excelsior Cycle Co in Michigan City Indiana. I've never seen one with that color though. I would guess it's from 1918-20 as Olive Drab was popular around then. I don't think it's military issue though. Can you take pics of the lower seat stay where the fender is attached? This may help confirm it's a Mich City Excelsior.

Thanks,
Chris

Does the CCM Cleveland say Toronto on the head badge or Weston if it says Weston it is after 1917 or so. Nice bike,great original seat.

Thanks for Feedback on these bikes.
I am going to attach several other picts. of these Bikes
The CCM head Badge Says Canada Cycle and Motor Co. Limited Weston Canada.
Looking for a Model Name and or Brand for either of these bikes .
I have more info on CCM from Interenet "History of CCM manuf. in Canada" Not sure of exact age.
Little to Zero On Elgin . Have Not Seen this Exact bike Yet in Any literature. Close but not !
I have Not been able to track these serial numbers either . Maybe to Early ?

The 1922 Sears catalog shows options of "Arizona Brown" on the the diamond frame and the youth model offers "black with green finish"

imageidnjp32101066805050seq744width1113-1.jpg

I can see in one of your pics the lower stay bridge which confirms it being a Michigan City Excelsior built bike.

Thanks for posting them here on the cabe! What are your plans for them? I would be interested in the mens Elgin if you were to sell.

Chris

Back