When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920's elgin and Early 1900's CCM Cleveland Info Needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Gotta be craft beer....So when did CCM stop the skirt guards? My 54 loop frame doesn't have the fender holes or the round thingme down by the rear hub

Lawrence, I'm not sure on the exact date but but they're still shown as late as 1934 on the premium brands. Then, the 1938 catalogue specifically mentions "no lacing". So, their elimination appears to have taken place sometimes between 1935 and 1938. Hopefully, Wayne or Tom M can narrow that down further.

FYI, CCM's bargain brands, such as Crescent may never have had them, as I don't recall seeing a catalogued model with them. Certainly, they're not present on these models even as far back as the very late 1920s. I'm assuming the reason for the difference between the premium and bargain brands was an easy cost reduction.

Back