When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920s Elgin Barn Fresh Juvenile ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

4scuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
Just picked up this Elgin. I assume this is a juvenile version, the seat is very small and definitely seems short, but not sure that’s note just because the seat is so low. Is there any easy hack to reattach the seat cover? Seat cover is in nice shape other than bird poop.

That may be a bit tough to do as I have a feeling the leather may be very dry and brittle on its edges.
If you can find some edges that are supple enough you may be able to carefully sew through the existing thread holes to attach it to the lower portion using a standard needle and thread. Doing this in different areas of the saddle will at least keep the saddle together and be presentable.
Nice find and good luck with your project!

I believe that a saddle like that one might have also had some padding made out of horse-hair (or whatever they used).

Back