When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920's Gendron

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

filmonger

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
Gendron bicycle from the around 1920's ( not sure of exact date ). This bike is in excellent mechanical condition. Fairly sure bicycles with this design seemed to be made for delivery service and would have had a basket on the front and rear. The bike has been completely disassembled, cleaned, and surface rust removed. The hubs, front fork, and bottom bracket were repacked with fresh grease. The skiptooth chain was carefully cleaned and lubricated. Every link in the chain moves freely. The steel clad wood rims are in very good condition, with minimal rust for their age. The rear wheel spokes are almost rust free. The front wheel spokes are more corroded but still usable. The leather Troxel seat is still usable and in good condition for its age.All of the parts appear to be original (except the reflectors - just silly) and the bike is complete. I don't know if the paint is original ( though it looks it ) since the fenders are black and the frame is a very mottled old red. One or the other could have been repainted at one time but I can't tell for sure.I have the petrified old tires (see photos) and they are included with the bike. If you just want to display it you can put them back on the rims. Bike is Located in Cairo GA - 750.00 plus shipping ( all offers and trades considered )

1920 gendron copy.JPG
$T2eC16VHJF8E9nnC7OHMBRF-mU333w~~60_57 copy.JPG

Here are some specs on the bike:

- The head badge says "The Gendron Wheel Company, Toledo Ohio".

- New Departure front hub

- Internal coaster brake rear wheel. The markings on the rear hub say "Eclipse Bicycle Machine Co. Elmira, NY Patent Applied For"

- Troxel leather seat

- Torrington pedals

- Skiptooth chain with 1" between the teeth on the chain sprocket

- Steel clad wood rims, 25" diameter to the outside of the rims

- Top of the seat tube to the bottom of the bottom bracket is 23"

- Back of the seat tube to the front of the headset, along the crossbar, is 24"

This is a pretty big bike and would fit an average to tall person

Measurements in Inches

Wheelbase 42
Top tube 23
Seat tube 22
Stand over 32

Last edited:
That's got one of the coolest chainwheels I've ever seen. Really lightweight but beautiful design too.

Super buy

That's a great bike for the money, I would buy it but I'm already in the doghouse for my latest acquisitions.
Good luck with the sale.:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back