When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920's indian scout? validation questions........

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

indianfaze

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello old bike heads. i have a few questions about a bike im currently looking to possibly buy. below are the pics. i was wondering if the badge is legit for 20's? didnt scouts come out in the 50's from Britain? also i was wondering if the frame color is legit or an obvious repaint....any other issues with this bike i should know about would be greatly appreciated. long time follower of the site but first time post.........thx
indiannnnn-1.jpg

indian2-1.jpg

indian1-1.jpg

indian-1.jpg

I have a very similar headbadge off of a 1950's English made 3-speed I scrapped 20 ago. The mounting screws look a little large and a little too galvanized/or plated. My badge would look sharp on a motobike frame...

Last edited:
I would say that bike might look like a teens Indian, but it is not. The earlier Indians had a split bottom bracket, the laters did not, but this frame does not appear to be the correct frame for the later version. The teens Indians used a 11 spoke sprocket, typically a flat top fork, or a triple plate fork, in which this bike does not. Earlier Indians typically had a skirted fender, later ones had a fender that looked similar to the ones pictured above, but again, they are different. I have never seen a square Indian tank, only the "cigar" style round tank. The stems are usually much longer, and of course, the badge is the 50's English Indian Scout badge.

Neat looking replica bike, but not by any means a real Indian.

Indian20bicycle201-1.jpg

191720indian4-1.jpg

191820Indian-1.jpg

19182520Indian25200-1.jpg

1915a-1.jpg

IndianRacer10-1.jpg

thanks a lot for the responses. i figured it was a bit fugazi....the badge threw me off and some other things but i wanted to ask the experts because im new to the game. scott those indian bikes you posted are so damn cool...those skirted fenders are nice and know i see the what to look for as far as tanks go. round cigar style......i guess im going to keep hunting. cheers.

Scott,
looking at the photos and the info provided I'm beginning to suspect you have a soft spot for these early Indians...;)

That's just wrong, why did you have to go and throw that out there, and where have you been hiding it?
now my head is going to hurt all day trying to figure it out. is that yours? it's amazing!

here's some more pics-

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

08-1.jpg

yep...it resides in Texas. These were the before pics...I haven't taken any fresh pictures since I detailed it.

Back