When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920's-Pre-1933 Shelby Bicycle Thread

-
It is hard to know how these were outfitted as there isn't enough existing literature known besides advertisements. Either rim option is possible but clads were mostly being used.
If you are in need of a really nice pair of clads you may wish to contact Mark @markivpedalpusher for a really nice pair of rims.
I actually have a nice set of hoops but am in need of a ND Model C (Model A would also work) if you know someone. I want to get this bike as close to original as possible, so I appreciate the help as you seem to be up on the motorbikes and reasonably close by. Do you know someone who does nickel plating in NM or CO? Thanks again! --Ralph

I actually have a nice set of hoops but am in need of a ND Model C (Model A would also work) if you know someone. I want to get this bike as close to original as possible, so I appreciate the help as you seem to be up on the motorbikes and reasonably close by. Do you know someone who does nickel plating in NM or CO? Thanks again! --Ralph
Not in NM or CO. I have used the place in Independence, MO and they are very good, fast and reasonable. I would suggest posting in the wanted section for an A or C. You should get multiple offers.

Meiselbach Fork Patent:
"A particular feature of my invention resides in its hollow box-like solid form, being composed of an outer shell forming the top and sides of the box and an inner sheet metal member forming the bottom of the box and the inner sides of the socket spaces for the upper ends of the fork sides. These two sheet metal members are adapted to be connected by a central thimble forming a socket for the lower end of the fork stem. The crown is completed by brazing together the several parts including the fork sides and the stem. My novel fork crown is capable of being made either straight on top or curved or with its end portions inclined downwardly to suit the demands. Furthermore, by the use of tubular doweling parts for connecting the fork sides with the crown l am enabled to make flush or smooth joints between the fork sides and the outer ends of the crown, this producing forms which are desirable for some uses".

I recently picked up a 20's Shelby Cycle Frame Builders bike mostly complete built for the Chicago Cycle Supply Company. I will post more photos as I go through this bike. Below is the Meiselbach fork construction with Truss Rod Plate not described in the patent? Perhaps 23-25 for this version.
Center screw (brass) for fender attach. '
1642528344212.jpeg

1642528364178.jpeg

1642528382454.jpeg

1642528406958.jpeg

1642529164812.jpeg

1642529183355.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently picked up a 20's Shelby Cycle Frame Builders bike mostly complete built for the Chicago Cycle Supply Company. I will post more photos as I go through this bike. Below is the Meiselbach fork construction with Truss Rod Plate not described in the patent? Perhaps 23-25 for this version.
Center screw (brass) for fender attach. '
Great observation Pete; and the detailed photos are fantastic! My blue G.W. Grady New England and the Shelby cigar tank bike Jesse discovered feature this same truss rod plate. It would be interesting to compare the serial numbers on these three bicycles.

I'll have to wait until my bike gets back from the paint shop to look for the two additional screw holes, but did someone
Not in NM or CO. I have used the place in Independence, MO and they are very good, fast and reasonable. I would suggest posting in the wanted section for an A or C. You should get multiple offers.
Would you mind sending me their contact information?

Back