When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920s Velocipede

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RMZACK

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Found this little gem at an antique mall, couldn't leave without it! No identification on it, but its all there and appears to be original. It has the typical rattle can trauma from many years ago ... opinions and knowledge are welcomed and appreciated!

1920s Velocipede 1.jpg

1920s Velocipede 2.jpg

1920s Velocipede 3.jpg

1920s Velocipede 4.jpg

Neat tire tread design on it. These strap steel trikes are more difficult to ID because most of the time any maker's markings are long gone or buried under a layer of added paint. As Mark commented, it could be a Gendron. Just hard to pinpoint a design feature that really stands out as a positive identifying mark. Very nice survivor!

By the way, the tricycle in front of it looks interesting too. Any chance you snapped a photo of it?

Dave

Neat tire tread design on it. These strap steel trikes are more difficult to ID because most of the time any maker's markings are long gone or buried under a layer of added paint. As Mark commented, it could be a Gendron. Just hard to pinpoint a design feature that really stands out as a positive identifying mark. Very nice survivor!

By the way, the tricycle in front of it looks interesting too. Any chance you snapped a photo of it?

Dave
Dave, thanks for the information! The bike in the background is one that I've showed you this past summer ... from all the research I've done, and info that you told me before, its got to be a very early 1930s Velo King from the EC Brown Co. when it was here in Rochester, NY! The thing that I find interesting is that the construction, and looks of the rims are just like the ones on the 1920s Velocipede I just found! Was it common with manufacturers back then to do things exactly alike, IDK?? Check out the pics and give me your opinion. So far, the bikes I find are pretty rough ... so I like to restore them. the Colson needs a few things done to it to make it "correct". I think the 1920s bike that I just found should probably stay the way that it is. Thanks Again - Ron1314921

Back