When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1921/22 Indian/BSA Special Racers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I wouldn't show the serial number on the internet for a RARE bike. It would be easier for someone to create a fake.
I would not worry about it too much, and likely would share on a collaborative site like this one, and also discourage hording of information, like on an island.

For other Westfield-built bikes, serial numbers prefixes are fairly well known; e.g., 1923-A or 1921/22-M(?).

Last edited:
I would not worry about it too much, and likely would share on a collaborative site like this one, and also discourage hording of information, like on an island.

For other Westfield-built bikes, serial numbers prefixes are fairly well known; e.g., 1923-A or 1921/22-M(?).
The article that mentions one is from 22( I believe) and that's the general opinion on the dates for these. There are m coded ones and also r coded ones , possibly a b coded one. I've started to compile differences / similarities in these bikes so it would end up being a bit hard to get by the right person if someone made a fake.

I love that bike let’s research provenance it’s got to be very interesting! Probably a DuPont family bike! They always kept the prototypes and rare limited production stuff with family to ride and test!!

37749~2.jpeg

37746~2.png

Wow thats cool information... your a real asset to providing historical information...,it’s unbelievable really you can axcess this so quickly. I am amazed and very interested! I have a racer with exact same BSA componetry and frame lugs at head tube etc. it’s been repainted can you help me determine make? BSA. 0pierce, Indian etc?

Back