When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1921/22 Indian/BSA Special Racers

-
I wouldn't show the serial number on the internet for a RARE bike. It would be easier for someone to create a fake.
I would not worry about it too much, and likely would share on a collaborative site like this one, and also discourage hording of information, like on an island.

For other Westfield-built bikes, serial numbers prefixes are fairly well known; e.g., 1923-A or 1921/22-M(?).

Last edited:
I would not worry about it too much, and likely would share on a collaborative site like this one, and also discourage hording of information, like on an island.

For other Westfield-built bikes, serial numbers prefixes are fairly well known; e.g., 1923-A or 1921/22-M(?).
The article that mentions one is from 22( I believe) and that's the general opinion on the dates for these. There are m coded ones and also r coded ones , possibly a b coded one. I've started to compile differences / similarities in these bikes so it would end up being a bit hard to get by the right person if someone made a fake.

I love that bike let’s research provenance it’s got to be very interesting! Probably a DuPont family bike! They always kept the prototypes and rare limited production stuff with family to ride and test!!

37749~2.jpeg

37746~2.png

Wow thats cool information... your a real asset to providing historical information...,it’s unbelievable really you can axcess this so quickly. I am amazed and very interested! I have a racer with exact same BSA componetry and frame lugs at head tube etc. it’s been repainted can you help me determine make? BSA. 0pierce, Indian etc?

Back