When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1923 Columbia Model A1 Complete Bike - Preserved original condition

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
Bike Flights VIA UPS - Buyer pays shipping
Zipcode

billyjones

Finally riding a big boys bike
1923 Columbia Model A1 Complete Bike - Preserved original condition - This is not a 40's bike. Its an EARLY 20's bike. Wood clad 28" rims. I paid 780, plus 200 shipping for it 3 yrs ago. Serious Illness forces sale. DEAL or NO DEAL! lets get it going! It features the smaller 40mm +/- BB cup size and is complete. Original paint. Was stashed in an attic in Jersey for a hundred years. Ill ship it if necessary. I'm a bike shop mechanic for a decade, Ill pack it well with proper packing materials. Local Pickup also. Serious illness forces sale. DEAL OR NO DEAL! Make an offer! Serious illness forces sale. Motivated seller. Thank You! A member incorrectly valued it at $300 and I reminded him or her that Wal Mart bikes are 300 bucks. I think a 500 opening offer is fair and valid.. What say you? DEAL OR NO DEAL?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:
Are the rims straight and are they both marked the same? What are the front and rear hubs?
$550 bid
Im assuming rims are not perfectly straight. They could be though. Ill check first thing AM! The front rim has tape over a spot. It came like that. The tape is very old. So I left it. Rims match. Ill check the hubs tomorrow. And report in. Any other questions, please ask. My computer started updating out of nowhere. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the interest and opening bids! I know the cranks and BB are the rare small size. Bike is complete minus the seat leather, grips and broke off lamp mount or fender ornament on front fender. Just as shown in pics. So happy theres 2 bids! ILL CHECK RIMS AM!! Thank You!

Im assuming rims are not perfectly straight. They could be though. Ill check first thing AM! The front rim has tape over a spot. It came like that. The tape is very old. So I left it. Rims match. Ill check the hubs tomorrow. And report in. Any other questions, please ask. My computer started updating out of nowhere. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the interest and opening bids! I know the cranks and BB are the rare small size. Bike is complete minus the seat leather, grips and broke off lamp mount or fender ornament on front fender. Just as shown in pics. So happy theres 2 bids! ILL CHECK RIMS AM!! Thank You!
hubs match. Ill check wheel true tomorrow. thank you all

IMG_20110516_055502[1].jpg

IMG_20110516_055648[1].jpg

IMG_20110516_055737[1].jpg

IMG_20110516_055759[1].jpg

the bars and seat frame were shipped in separate boxes. So they dont fit in the box its in. I know you dont want to pay shipping on 3 boxes. I have a bigger box I think. lets regroup am. Im looking to mark it sold 'DEAL' as we speak. Thanks again. Never heard of Pirate flights but sounds good. What shipper picks it up or where do I drop off? thanks again - b AND Ill check the rimes. they look straight enough. no overt damage. I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS UNDER THE TAPE ON THE FRONT RIM.. We should look? Since the rim condition is important. Talk AM. Thanks again

Back