When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1923-ish Columbia Motorbike build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi All,

@oldmtrcyc , if it is C25619 (I can only see the 5 in the photo), then it will be a 1925. The closest survivor I have listed is C27142 of Scott @sm2501 , which seems to be the same blue and red paint scheme, here:

@Freqman1 , the letter is likey to be an L, these often stamp poorly onto curved surfaces. So L55386 would be 1920 (and the first Westfield 1920 survivor I have recorded).

@Velocipedist Co. If you have the S/N we can date it, and see if there are other close survivors known. If it's 1923, that would be an A prefix.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Depending on which computer device or display used, I thought that the @Freqman1 bike might also be lightly stamped with a “C” prefix, (with the right side of the stamp being deepest). Not sure if the font would be right. Hard to see in the picture.

Hi @Archie Sturmer

I see your point. Here are three examples of the Westfield C stamping for 1925, they do seem to have a little seraph on the top of the C, what do you think?

Best Regards,

Adrian

f3469f3e-457f-4ff9-849b-3a15c8415a80-jpeg.jpg

20200509_194317-jpg.jpg

2015-10-20-09-45-24-jpg.jpg

Is there a master list on serial numbers?

Back