When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1923 ?? Ladies Mead Ranger - From forgotten to ridden 3 week resurrection - with BONUS 1924 Mens Mead Ranger Superbe - Double Resurrection

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was thinking that the lines of the accent paint also look Davis-esque.

Does it have one of Davis' sideways serial numbers?
I believe that Davis may have stamped a date code (single digit) on the bearing cups for the crank and fork.
Davis continued to make bicycles for Sears with the ribbed forks and "keystone" crown (aka. Orient style crown?), about 1910-1922.

The forged crown combination with the ribbed fork was a 1912-14 design patent USD 45,457 by a William Foster of Chicago; (with Mead's G.S. Lewis as a witness).

The ladies sprocket looks like a 48 tooth?

Last edited:
Here is the original front wooden wheel "LOBDELL" stamp ... I only noticed it after posting the original to ridable modern wheel comparison pic in a earlier post on this thread .. I was not expecting or looking for it ... it looked like a watermark on my posted pic so I had to go back & take a better pic of this incredible stamping .. what a pleasant surprise

I will need to check on the ladies sprocket tooth count ...

IMG_6583.jpeg

Last edited:
Back