When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1924 Excelsior

-

UncleFester

Look Ma, No Hands!
Got the trusty 24 Excelsior finished up this weekend... for some fun with it's former owner...and master vintage cycle restorer, bar non! Dave Stromberger, as always fantastic photography Dave! The Bernie "Birdy" mascot has perched on that fender ever since Calvin Coolidge beat Robert M. La Follette..... This is s stunning tribute to American bicycle manufacturing. A bike named after a poem....by Henry W. Longfellow

1924 Excelsior - LS-57.jpg

1924 Excelsior - LS-74.jpg

1924 Excelsior-LS-2.jpg

1924 Excelsior-LS-3.jpg

1924 Excelsior-LS-11.jpg

1924 Excelsior - LS-22.jpg

1924 Excelsior-LS-9.jpg

1924 Excelsior-LS-12.jpg

1924 Excelsior-LS-8.jpg

1924 Excelsior - LS-70.jpg

She's a BEAUT! Great pics as you said. It really is a special bike!

Question, is some of the paint restored? Looks like the rims are recent but not sure. Also the fenders look like it could be retouched??? Either way, it's my kind of resto. I think a good bike restoration should be done (if possible and enough original paint and plating is there) like a dutch masterpiece that is taken to an artisan restorer that works at the finest museum who does his homework and respects the canvas.

Thanks all, I am going to post it in the sale section this weekend! Cheers, Fester....it means to rot...

Back