When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1924? Indian basement find

-
120F2A3B-FAF0-4DBA-BFE2-BC4C564E3D53.jpeg
0B60B574-6C5E-4C19-8443-3E335AB64153.jpeg
B1608197-0339-4D39-A44F-AB5267261F02.jpeg
9F91EA5F-9796-43E3-8D57-DC0A3BDDBD3F.jpeg
Thank you so it’s a transition bike 1923! Awesome. Here are some more pics on it I removed the black wall tires and put the ww on it and wow it really pops! Also I posed pic of the rust free fenders inside and the original dropstand ears.

View attachment 697855 View attachment 697856 View attachment 697857 View attachment 697858 Thank you so it’s a transition bike 1923! Awesome. Here are some more pics on it I removed the black wall tires and put the ww on it and wow it really pops! Also I posed pic of the rust free fenders inside and the original dropstand ears.

Mark not sure what you mean by "transition" bike. If you are talking about the name of the company and the accompanying badge change (Oct '23) the bicycles carried the Hendee badge into the '24 model year as evidenced by my bike which is a '24. The question is whether this carried through all of '24 or at some point in the year they started using the Indian Motocycle badge. V/r Shawn

Mark,you always amaze me with the bikes you come up with. But this one is going to be tough to beat. Is it staying in the master bedroom with you and Mrs. Redline? :smile:Amazing find bro, happy for you. (what's for sale)?

Mark,you always amaze me with the bikes you come up with. But this one is going to be tough to beat. Is it staying in the master bedroom with you and Mrs. Redline? :smile:Amazing find bro, happy for you. (what's for sale)?
image.jpg
image.jpg
Ha ha if that happens it and me would be sleeping in the garage... it took a lot for her to accept bikes but she sees the coolness in them now.. I got black mailed to giving her a trip to Hawaii ...on this one. It’s Worth it...lol so it’s a from what I understand a 1923 hendee Indian and not a Westfield Indian... I’m so confused.. ah.... the reflector is unusual too. Nothing right now.... :)

View attachment 697981 View attachment 697980 Ha ha if that happens it and me would be sleeping in the garage... it took a lot for her to accept bikes but she sees the coolness in them now.. I got black mailed to giving her a trip to Hawaii ...on this one. It’s Worth it...lol so it’s a from what I understand a 1923 hendee Indian and not a Westfield Indian... I’m so confused.. ah.... the reflector is unusual too. Nothing right now.... :)

It seems a lot of people get confused by this. All of the bikes from 1916 (when Indian started selling bicycles again) were made by Westfield and not Hendee/Indian. So this is a Westfield built Indian. It appears Westfield had the contract until at least WWII and after that it went to Huffman for a year or two and Phillips for the lightweight bikes. The only wild card her is the German produced Indian--not really sure how that one fits. V/r Shawn

Back