When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1925 Columbia Model C4 Six Day Racer

-

Bozman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Finally have my original paint Columbia Model C4 Six Day Racer on the road. Using Kevin Larson's amazing wood painted metal rims. Using 700x35c Kenda Tires on it with a mm of clearance on the rear tires. Eventually I'll go to a thinner rim and tire combo. I used Brooks leather rim tape with corks from my friends' vineyard to close off the handlebars. Shaped them with a metal file.

This bike rides like no other bike I've ever ridden. Definitely built for racing and not touring. You are almost kissing the front wheel while you are riding it. This bike flies! Last thing I need to find is a good pair of 1/2 inch rat trap pedals with toe clips.
1443fec4a47f626428fb7f54af8a0bcd.jpg
0f7f586ff772122355f2701829d14b9a.jpg
69ecec4fac4c955dbc572fd4276b0338.jpg
81382b687599eb48d23559fa79c04a95.jpg
b9bd946f453f529f43d217623ed120e6.jpg
bbf84d2fef6b8cbdcd3c03bbd3e2f105.jpg
cfe0dc877c06176b9af5738560bfedb8.jpg
ddc0bad67ba3e7ced49ff180819baf97.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

got an extra headbadge ? i love this bicycle ,i like the green very much by the way where do you park it ? < just joking > you should be very proud of all the hard work and good luck that went into rebirthing this lovely machine ! p.s. i really do need a headbadge for my bike regards mike alford !

got an extra headbadge ? i love this bicycle ,i like the green very much by the way where do you park it ? < just joking > you should be very proud of all the hard work and good luck that went into rebirthing this lovely machine ! p.s. i really do need a headbadge for my bike regards mike alford !
Sadly I don't have another headbadge. The green was not even a color in the catalog for this model but here it is.

Does it still carry the original script on the down tube like this one to show it's the Track Model "Columbia Racer" ?

I see the ad you posted shows the Road Model as "Racer" and the Track Model as "Columbia Racer" for down tube transfers. Curious which one yours has on it.

s-l1600 2.jpg

Last edited:
This bike rides like no other bike I've ever ridden. Definitely built for racing and not touring. You are almost kissing the front wheel while you are riding it. This bike flies! Last thing I need to find is a good pair of 1/2 inch rat trap pedals with toe clips.

That feeling of almost kissing the front tire is perhaps the most unsettling thing while riding my Pierce BR Amateur Sprint Racer. For daily riding I had to go to a longhorn bar instead of the drop bar. I just keep having the fear that if I have to lock up the brakes, I am going face first into concrete or asphalt.

Does it still carry the original script on the down tube like this one to show it's the Track Model "Columbia Racer" ?

I see the ad you posted shows the Road Model as "Racer" and the Track Model as "Columbia Racer" for down tube transfers. Curious which one yours has on it.

View attachment 1081609

Sadly there is no marking on the downtube the paint is original but there is no evidence of any decal or markings on the downtube. The Model is the C4 "Columbia Special Racer" from the serial number.

I'd love to see more pics of your Columbia Racer.

Back