When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1926 CCM Cleveland

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
picked this up from a friend a few weeks back. All original enamel & nickel finishes are in pretty great shape considering. Wiped down the leading edge of front fender. The color leaps. Whole bike is mostly dirty. Very little rust.

Twenty-eight inch wheels, 19 inch frame. Perfect size for me.

All parts are original except for the tubes and one pedal.

I plan to break the whole bike down over the winter. Treat inside the frame/fork tubes. Clean, lube & tune everything. Will put some newer rubber on the wheels and make this one of my riders.

IMG_5107.JPG
IMG_5108.JPG
IMG_5109.JPG
IMG_5110.JPG
IMG_5111.JPG
IMG_5112.JPG
IMG_5113.JPG
IMG_5114.JPG

Correction: not sure if tires are original. Will investigate further.

Finally had a chance to work on the Cleveland. (My intention is to preserve and ride it.)

I broke the bike down. Washed the enamel parts with mild soap & water, then applied two coats of carnauba wax. The insides of the tubes were treated with RustCheck.

The nickel parts were cleaned and the rust removed. Then given a light hand polish.

All metal-on-metal surfaces get a film of grease before reassembly.

Here's where I'm at so far.
IMG_5947.JPG

IMG_5940.JPG
IMG_5937.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_5939.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG
IMG_5950.JPG
IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

Finally had a chance to work on the Cleveland. (My intention is to preserve and ride it.)

I broke the bike down. Washed the enamel parts with mild soap & water, then applied two coats of carnauba wax. The insides of the tubes were treated with RustCheck.

The nickel parts were cleaned and the rust removed. Then given a light hand polish.

All metal-on-metal surfaces get a film of grease before reassembly.

Here's where I'm at so far.
View attachment 768226
View attachment 768225 View attachment 768222
View attachment 768223
View attachment 768224
View attachment 768228 View attachment 768229 View attachment 768230
View attachment 768231

View attachment 768227
Nice job so far!
Keep us posted.

The seat had been resewn with copper wire. (I could feel that the pan was compromised.) I delaced the wire:

IMG_6007.JPG
IMG_6008.JPG
IMG_6009.JPG
IMG_6011.JPG
IMG_6015.JPG

Not so good. Besides the nose having snapped off over time, there are rivulets of cracks/disintegration spreading out from beneath a very old goopy brazed repair job.
I'm thinking this pan is deceased. Will search for the correct replacement.

The top and bottom leathers are currently drinking up Pecard leather dressing. Already coming back to life, but am in no rush to work these skins.

IMG_6017.JPG

IMG_6018.JPG
IMG_6019.JPG

Too bad about the seat pan. I want to use as many original parts as possible. So far, even the bearings and cages are fine.

Last edited:
I have a post in the WANTED section. Troxel seat pan. The dimesions are noted there. If anyone has one for sale, I'd be grateful for a message. Thanks, Joe

Started in on the rear wheel last night.
Broke it down & cleaned the New Hercules coaster brake. The grease was like wax that had harded.

I dabbed all of the threaded spoke ends with penetrating oil and let it sit. Tonight I was able the crack each spoke nipple free. They spin nicely now.

I started to clean the spokes. Need to finish.
i cleaned the hub body and gave it a tasteful hand polish.

I dry fit the hub back together. When I finish cleaning the spokes and fine clean the hub, I will repack the coaster brake with new grease, replace the worn sprocket and missing oil filler cap with OEM CCM nickel replacements, and reassemble.

Then I will true up the wheel and give the rim a few coats of carnauba wax.

IMG_6124.JPG
IMG_6125.JPG
IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_6127.JPG
IMG_6128.JPG

My goal is to keep this bike as original as possible.
Handed over my snapped and disintegrated Troxel seat pan to my buddy Greg (gflyte). Regregtfully I do not know how to weld.

Greg cut away the diseased part of the pan. He generoualy donated a dono Troxel pan that has issues of its own.

He'll use the tip and rear of my original pan, and the middle of the donor pan.

Once he's done, I'll remove the rust and refinish the pan to keep it sound for another 92 years. (Thanks, Greg)

Here's a rough mock up:

54472989387__695B266F-689A-4B16-8F32-8D73B1C9A5DB.jpeg

Back