When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1926 Hawthorne Flyer

-
Very interesting 🤔. That would make perfect sense if so....I zeroed in on the only stamp on the bottom bracket. Here is a picture...
So it's a double-stamped "P" (and not "T") - and a letter-only stamp seems more typical for the later 1920's (than early 1930's).
More like a 1928/29-P Snyder-built Hawthorne, (thinking Snyder might have skipped the letter "Q"?).

Also, looks like an intermediate-size frame with the ~4" head tube (versus more typical/shorter 3.5").

Nice bike by the way; and welcome to the CABE.

Last edited:
So its a double-stamped "P" - and a letter-only stamp seems more typical for the later 1920's (than early 1930's).
More like a 1928/29-P Snyder-built Hawthorne, (thinking Snyder might have skipped the letter "Q"?).

Nice bike by the way; and welcome to the CABE.
So where can I find the serial number at on this ole girl?

Reactions: ian
Really nice bike, great patina!

Here's a recent thread on another Snyder built Hawthorne Flyer with the P stamp on the bottom bracket. Looks like it was the same color as yours before someone painted it blue.

And post your pictures in Brant's "the Revenge of the Motorbike" thread, it's a great learning tool for everyone how loves the motorbikes form this era.

The fender emblem is an add on, can you get a picture of the serial number on the bottom bracket and post it please. Welcome to the group!

Sean
Hey Sean....I'm still trying to find the serial number. Have you seen where I cleaned the bottom bracket? I'm not seeing and numbers besides that stamp. Any continued help would be appreciated sir!!

You actually found the serial number with the double stamped letter. My suggestion would be get a scratch piece of paper and a pencil to go over that area because I see some faint numbers on there as well.

Back