When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927 Shelby Whippet Clarence Wagner Bike Complete

-
I believe I have Shawn, but can't remember if it was on the Cabe or not. This bike hung in the Cleveland Welding Museum for many years, and in time, Kim "MR. SHELBY" Heuberger acquired it and brought it back to Shelby. I tried to purchase it several times from Kim, but things never worked out. I lost track of it for a while, but I know Patric Cafaro owned it for a while and it ended up in Texas with Scott McCaskey. Scott was gracious enough to sell it to me and the fun began. I originally was just going to keep it as is, but the more I looked at it, the more I felt it was too far gone to be kept "ORIGINAL" and give it the respect it deserved in history, so I decided to restore it back to its original state, where it is today.

Thanks for the response Tim. I must say you did this bike some justice. A bike always has more appeal to me if I know the history of it. I generally try to get as much info as I can on most bikes I buy. Unfortunately many stories are lost to time. V/r Shawn

IMG_2828.JPG
IMG_3396.JPG
Thanks for the kind words Shawn. I love the history of these bikes. Have tracked down some neat history and photos of this bike.

Back