When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927ish Iver Johnson 90b track racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
[Collection_Jules_Beau_Photographie_sportive]_[...]Beau_Jules_btv1b84333426.jpg

Wow @corbettclassics those are some really cool pics! It kind of brings a build alive when you can associate it with such a historical figure as MT. That must have been a very exciting time. It’s great that there are guys like ourselves to keep his spirit alive. It’s not only a great hobby that we have, but a preservation of history that we will soon pass on to yet another generation. Thanks for the pics. Anthony

@Handyman , I did communicate with Gus and he does have the special racer decal available. That is one big step forward. Thanks Pete! Anthony

I totally agree and you made a good point about MT and Iver, something that i didnt think about. It does also look very nice to dress up a bike with a MT stem and it's not like anyone will race the bike!!!! So weight is no issue.
Max
I'd race it!!!!
Seriously though, fantastic thread. Great bicycle and loving the MT stuff!
He really did go for those shallow bars, they're pretty similar to the one's on my unknown French bike.

Well I finally found some time today to expose some of the original paint on the 90b today. I wasn’t really surprised to find that it was originally black. I only exposed a small area near the repair area on the top tube. I found that the repair really isn’t bad so I think the professionals can fix it up nicely. I want to go ahead and fully strip the paint from the bike. Can anyone tell me what stripper to use in order to expose bare metal the fastest? I think I’m leaning toward the green color more and more for the repaint. I will be taking the frame to have the repair and paint soon but the guy is backed up at least three months so I’ll have to wait a while. No worries though, I have a lot of parts to find and work to be done in the meantime. Does anyone know where to find a good set of V shape wood racer wheels maybe reproduction or? Also 1 1/8 cord racer tires in new condition.
75F25332-BC8E-4469-92B2-14AA51920CB2.jpeg

Well I finally found some time today to expose some of the original paint on the 90b today. I wasn’t really surprised to find that it was originally black. I only exposed a small area near the repair area on the top tube. I found that the repair really isn’t bad so I think the professionals can fix it up nicely. I want to go ahead and fully strip the paint from the bike. Can anyone tell me what stripper to use in order to expose bare metal the fastest? I think I’m leaning toward the green color more and more for the repaint. I will be taking the frame to have the repair and paint soon but the guy is backed up at least three months so I’ll have to wait a while. No worries though, I have a lot of parts to find and work to be done in the meantime. Does anyone know where to find a good set of V shape wood racer wheels maybe reproduction or? Also 1 1/8 cord racer tires in new condition. View attachment 866263

I would not strip the paint too early before it's actually time to paint it. I prefer doing a soda blast or sand (aluminium oxide) blast right before it is ready to paint otherwise the bare steel will be contaminated and you will have to blast it again before paint anyways.
Are you staying with the nickel head tube and fork?
if so, you will have to get the frame repaired (I suggest finding someone able to braze) and then get the frame and fork plated before paint.
What kind of frame repair does it need?
MAx

Back