When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927ish Iver Johnson 90b track racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hedspath and Germain were Taylor's rivals and also used the same stem as the Major as seen in these photos.

View attachment 864198

love seeing those old carte-de-visite
this is the exact same bike in both pictures, my guess is that it's a factory show bike for pictures only, front tire is almost flat, I don't think that bike was raced on that day! handlebar curves look different, but I don't know if it's because of the way that their hands are positioned on them or if it's due to the picture angle
Max

Does anyone know where to find a good set of V shape wood racer wheels maybe reproduction or? Also 1 1/8 cord racer tires in new condition.

I got mine from CB Italia. They have all different profiles and finishes in clincher or single tube.

24068232_10155351683578191_5736717823594516018_n.jpg

I would not strip the paint too early before it's actually time to paint it. I prefer doing a soda blast or sand (aluminium oxide) blast right before it is ready to paint otherwise the bare steel will be contaminated and you will have to blast it again before paint anyways.
Are you staying with the nickel head tube and fork?
if so, you will have to get the frame repaired (I suggest finding someone able to braze) and then get the frame and fork plated before paint.
What kind of frame repair does it need?
MAx
It has an old repair done on the top tube about 4 inches behind the steer tube, looks like an old crack. It’s already been welded but needs to be cleaned up some. Really it doesn’t look bad how it is but I want to restore the frame as best I can. That makes sense about stripping the frame, thanks for your feedback and any more is appreciated. Anthony

I would not strip the paint too early before it's actually time to paint it. I prefer doing a soda blast or sand (aluminium oxide) blast right before it is ready to paint otherwise the bare steel will be contaminated and you will have to blast it again before paint anyways.
Are you staying with the nickel head tube and fork?
if so, you will have to get the frame repaired (I suggest finding someone able to braze) and then get the frame and fork plated before paint.
What kind of frame repair does it need?
MAx
Yes I do plan on the full nickel head tube and fork. I want it to be done as close to original as possible. Also considering the factory green with the gold pins which was an option in 28?

love seeing those old carte-de-visite
this is the exact same bike in both pictures, my guess is that it's a factory show bike for pictures only, front tire is almost flat, I don't think that bike was raced on that day! handlebar curves look different, but I don't know if it's because of the way that their hands are positioned on them or if it's due to the picture angle
Max
yeah I had the same thought that maybe it’s because of hand positioning. Really like the photo

Back