When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927ish Iver Johnson 90b track racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Above pic of Major Taylor he appears to be riding a model 79 Racer TOC. Beautiful bike!
CFF3E417-A2CD-4747-8F18-D3331B176755.jpeg

wow that’s exactly what I’m looking for. I’ll check them out. I guess I can google the name? I’ll try it! Thanks. Anthony

I didn't know about them either, and I am thinking about ordering a set as well, maybe we can see if it's cheaper to do an order together. I already wrote to them yesterday.
i asked about the tubular 36 holes Roubaix in Hickory

Last edited:
I didn't know about them either, and I am thinking about ordering a set as well, maybe we can see if it's cheaper to do an order together. I already wrote to them yesterday.
i asked about the tubular 36 holes Roubaix in Hickory
i wouldn’t mind doing that if it would make a difference? Actually I’m possibly interested in 2 sets. 1 V shaped racer set and a set of roadster wheels as well

I'm not 100% sure, but I think some (if not all) of the "CBT Italia" rims have flat sides machined for use with brakes.
I think you may also want to check out "Cerchio Ghisallo" rims before placing an order they also offer v-shaped track rims.
Please remember that both of these companies offerings are in 700c size which are slightly smaller in diameter than your American originals too, but at least you'll have a wide range of suitable rubber to put on them. And if you go down the tubs route they'll look stunning with some white "A. Dugast Pipistrello Flying Doctors"!

I’ll do a search for the name of wheel and also tire supplier. Thanks a lot for the help. I looked at the supplier stated above and he has some really nice stuff but I haven’t seen the V shape yet that is crucial to the build. Finding the correct tire is a big concern as well. I continue to research thanks bud!!

Hi Anthony,
Although I'm confident that given enough time you could find a nice set of narrow "High V" wood racing wheels with the 40 x 32 spoke pattern, I went a faster route. I took a High V wheel off one of my original Iver Chater Lea racers and sent the entire wheel to Noah Stutzman. I told him I wanted him to make me three sets with the 40 x 32 spoke pattern, with the EXACT profile of the wheel I sent. When I got the three sets back I was stunned, they were gorgeous and perfect. One set is on my Black 1915, one set will be laced for another 90B I have, and I sold one set to someone on the Cabe, I just can't remember who. They are made out of maple and are beautiful. I can post a pic if needed. The tires I used on my restoration were NOS United States "Special Racer" tires 28" x 1 1/8". These tires are also out there, just have to keep your eyes open. Pete in Fitchburg

Back