When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927ish Iver Johnson 90b track racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Major Taylor getting ready to race Ellegard.

Bike looks good here with black head tube and black rims.

Anyone built an exact replica of this bike????

View attachment 867743
1902 is the first time I see the truss frame racer. I’ll post a pic from 1902 catalog. This is a 22” model 80. Notice there is no full nickel head and fork in early years only optional nickel crown. Another great pic above. I would love to find one of the TOC racers!!! Maybe looking for the next project. Great pics!
37DD688C-BD77-4E83-866E-56287BFF32F1.jpeg

I know I've asked this question before, but does anyone have knowledge of the oft-rumoured MMT film?
Apologies for the digression from these fabulous Iver Johnson machines.
Those starting line shots are superb @corbettclassics!
I haven’t heard of it but it would be great to see

I know I've asked this question before, but does anyone have knowledge of the oft-rumoured MMT film?
Apologies for the digression from these fabulous Iver Johnson machines.
Those starting line shots are superb @corbettclassics!
I googled Major Taylor movie and found a lot of stuff on YouTube. Seems there is a movie about him YouTube shows a preview. Google it their is a lot of information and good photos.

Since you like the starting line shots, here's another that's similar and most likely hasn't been seen before:

View attachment 868379
That is a good shot! Looks like an American flag draped behind him, and the camera on the ground indicating that one camera man is holding MT up the other. Likely taken after a victory lap, with all eyes on MT.

Found these rims from one of the above mentioned sites, by @Duchess I believe. They have the V shape that would have come on the 90a or b, but I want to run it past you guys maybe @Handyman so I’m sure before purchasing. I will include the technical information that I have. Also they are willing to do the 40-32 spoke combo that is necessary for the C-Lea. These look close to me but please tell me what you think, thanks.
A597F539-2D0A-455A-B4E9-4ADACAEC6932.jpeg

An
0C06C94F-8C31-4F74-A880-D80A410C86F2.jpeg

th
3AC73B54-C555-43A7-B419-C76F7015338B.jpeg

on
6465E9E4-0A87-4CEA-9522-5009A6139765.jpeg

y
91049CE2-5298-455B-B751-50A17A4ECFEC.jpeg

I think those CB Italia wood wheels with the "High V" profile would work and look very nice. 98% of the people looking at your restoration would think they look like the originals. The features that throw things off a bit for me are the rather "flat" looking sides of the wheel, a little different from the originals, and the CB Italia stamp. Given the difficulty of finding a usable set of 40 x 32 spoke wheels I think this is a good alternative. Pic attached is difficult to see but it is a set of Fairbanks Boston High V wheels to compare them to. Pete in Fitchburg
Fairbanks Boston.jpg

Fairbanks Boston 2.jpg

Back