When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930’s Columbia Westfield Twin Bar Superbe

-

bud poe

I live for the CABE
Would like to find an aluminum front fender, rear rack, drop stand, tank and the “rubber mountings”. I imagine they are mostly just rubber washers at all the metal to metal mount areas, but I’m not sure? Would love to see pics of originals! I’m also curious what the axle rubber mountings that are mentioned in the ad are? This is original paint, have done no cleaning for fear of wiping away the flaking areas. Columbia Superbe script can still be seen on the downtube. I’m worried an OA bath would be too aggressive and ruin the script and other details.
Morrow coaster brake on drop center rims. Not sure what the front hub is.
Plan is to clean and add as many parts to get it close it the ad. Probably throw on some older black tires? Have not seen too many of these, I know a few folks on the board have one or 2? Never seen another one in person. Any and all info and input welcome.
94A81E88-09C2-454B-AB6B-D6F767926EA5.jpeg

B4E4D1DF-DF56-4E71-AACF-3A59E32089AF.jpeg

664571A2-6D83-4522-A042-DAE6592F52C3.jpeg

07EA64A6-DEC8-49F4-A2A4-8D639E26C241.jpeg

E9B1C4B9-0EEA-41A8-B11F-5245331FE84B.jpeg

Thanks for looking
Bud

Dang now I’m supposed to find a chainguard too?! And light, ugh…
Seriously though, thank you Lester 👍
You can always se
Would like to find an aluminum front fender, rear rack, drop stand, tank and the “rubber mountings”. I imagine they are mostly just rubber washers at all the metal to metal mount areas, but I’m not sure? Would love to see pics of originals! I’m also curious what the axle rubber mountings that are mentioned in the ad are? This is original paint, have done no cleaning for fear of wiping away the flaking areas. Columbia Superbe script can still be seen on the downtube. I’m worried an OA bath would be too aggressive and ruin the script and other details.
Morrow coaster brake on drop center rims. Not sure what the front hub is.
Plan is to clean and add as many parts to get it close it the ad. Probably throw on some older black tires? Have not seen too many of these, I know a few folks on the board have one or 2? Never seen another one in person. Any and all info and input welcome.
View attachment 1732312
View attachment 1732314
View attachment 1732315
View attachment 1732317
View attachment 1732319
Thanks for looking
Bud
What's the date code on the hub?

Back