When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930’s Louisville Cycle Supply Salesman Stem Display

-

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
1930’s board of stems and stem components from a one time traveling salesman who worked for Louisville Cycle Supply.
Purchased from his granddaughter.
Fragile but an interesting glimpse of bicycle dealing in days past.

If any of the hand written text is illegible please let me know and I will try and transcribe.
I wanted to document though in case anything can be learned from the grouping in the future.

18D336B1-BBF5-4D6E-8E72-304F29E4AF59.jpeg

I meant to post here directly as well but I decided to list this killer board to the DOND powers that be and see if anyone likes it more than I do.

Love you cabers!

Thanks, I'm trying to I'd a neck I found recently, it looks like the hi-rise in your display, The extension is curved not symmetrical like most necks. I believe your stems are Wald not Torrington. If you look at the bottom you may find faint "w" stampings, although you probably don't want to mess with opening and turning the stems around being fragile and all. But I do see from your other treads on thes stems markings consistent with Wald.

Back