When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930 Hartford by Westfield Mfg/Pope

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not a lot of progress this week as I have been attending the PGA's Tour Championship at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta, GA this week. I have 3 passions: Bikes, Golf, & UGA (college) football so I play golf when I can & attend PGA events quite often when they are close by. This year I got to attend the Masters, PGA Championship at Kiawah Island, & the Tour Championship so consider myself very lucky on the golf front.

I have been final polishing all the chrome & cadmium parts getting the bike ready to go back together. Almost there. Had a few questions for Wheelfanatyk on the wood rims before ordering so waiting to hear back from them. I did make a decision to go with one repop item for the time being, the Delta battery canister. Original single battery ones seem to be going for $300-$600 on ebay. I am just not willing to do that so I ordered a 2-battery Delta repop unit that will be mounted on the frame. Now all I need is the correct Delta light unit and all the correct original accessories will be on this bike again when I get it on the road.

I did get two additional neat items for the bike:
First up is a 1930 Ocean Beach Vehicle License #84. Not sure if this Ocean Beach NY or CA but I love the ocean & the beach so it is appropriate for me. It is bicycle sized & the seller thought it was off of a bike or pedi-cab. This is after cleaning with Brasso.

IMG_0619_zpsc66228f0-1.jpg

The second item I got was an original "Persons Patents Pending" speedometer exactly like was an original accessory on it before this bike got parted out. I still have to find a cable & fork/wheel drive unit but I'm at least part way there getting this accessory back on this bike. I am really excited to finally get this original accessory and need to say a BIG THANK YOU to Larmo63 for selling it to me. It is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

IMG_0898_zpsc6824955-1.jpg

All for now, next step - RE-ASSEMBLY!!!!!

Last edited:
Wheel Fanatyk - Ghisallo Wood Rims

I had three questions for Wheelfanatyk as I am new to the concept wood wheels (700c) and just got answers from Ric at WF:

1) Are carbon lined "balloon" profile 700c rims going to be available like the new wood Ghisallo "Sport Carbon Clincher" that is carbon fiber lined? His answer was will check but is thinking all clinchers styles will at some time be available carbon fiber lined.

2) Color Choice - Ric stocks only color choice "B" but can order any of them, takes about 4 weeks. Bricycle liked the "B" color in an earlier post where I asked what would be your choice & after more consideration I agree "B" will look best so that is great since he stocks only "B".

3) I was concerned with a weight limit at my current healthy 250 lbs. Ric says this is not an issue or concern.

Thought I would pass all this along in case others have similar questions on Ghisallo's wood rims. If the carbon fiber lined are going to be available in the next couple of months I am going to wait. If not, I'll go ahead & order a set of rims. I'll keep everyone updated when Ric hears from Ghisallo. - Gary

Last edited:
Still waiting to hear back from Ric at Wheel Fanatyk on carbon fiber lined Ghisallo rims but the Hartford re-assembly is finally in progress:

IMG_1019-1.jpg

IMG_1023-1.jpg

Here's the seat post I'm using after I got it cleaned up. It's a pretty hard to find "collared" version and the post is solid, not hollow core.

IMG_1064-1.jpg

Ghisallo rims

Just got this from Ric at Wheel Fanatyk on the Ghisallo wood rims:

Hi Gary,

All our Balloon 700 rims will be carbon lined in the next order. Hope to see them in late Oct, early Nov.

Best to correspond via [email protected]

Cheers,
Ric

- wheelsmitty​

I have asked him to hold out the first pair for me so hopefully I'll have this bike on the road in November!!!!!!

I had three questions for Wheelfanatyk as I am new to the concept wood wheels (700c) and just got answers from Ric at WF:

1) Are carbon lined "balloon" profile 700c rims going to be available like the new wood Ghisallo "Sport Carbon Clincher" that is carbon fiber lined? His answer was will check but is thinking all clinchers styles will at some time be available carbon fiber lined.

2) Color Choice - Ric stocks only color choice "B" but can order any of them, takes about 4 weeks. Bricycle liked the "B" color in an earlier post where I asked what would be your choice & after more consideration I agree "B" will look best so that is great since he stocks only "B".

3) I was concerned with a weight limit at my current healthy 250 lbs. Ric says this is not an issue or concern.

Thought I would pass all this along in case others have similar questions on Ghisallo's wood rims. If the carbon fiber lined are going to be available in the next couple of months I am going to wait. If not, I'll go ahead & order a set of rims. I'll keep everyone updated when Ric hears from Ghisallo. - Gary

If you go with a 4 cross when lacing the wheels you will have a stronger wheel.

Back