When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930's 28 inch rimed Excelsior Motorbike ( H P Snyder ) Frame Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

filmonger

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
I am selling my 1930's 28 inch rimed Excelsior Motorbike ( H P Snyder ) framed bicycle. I am offering it here before I list it on e-bay. All offers considered. I bought this bike from Luxlow about 2 years ago. This early Ballooner Motorbike was made by Excelsior Manufacturing Company Michigan City. This is a H P Snyder made frame and is believed to date somewhere between 1934 - 1938. This Excelsior frame is a crossover 28 inch wheel motor bike frame with a true 26 inch ballooner truss fork. The Crossover motorbike was built to make use of older stock and manufacturing setup and was common to some company's first endeavours in the balloon tire bike market ( 1934 - 1936 )....Though someone on the Cabe should have a fair idea of the exact year. Excelsior Cycles went through a few different ownerships and manufacturers - in 1911 Schwinn bought and start producing Excelsior Bicycles and Motorcycles until 1931. Then H P Snyder / D P Harris / Rollfast acquired Excelsior in the 1930's. This is a fine example of a Balloonner bike with motorcycle styling. This bike has been restored as found with a few improvements to cruise with style.

This is a Full size men's bike, restored with riding in mind. Early Crossover Ballooner frame and fork painted deep gloss black. The wheels are early restored 26 x 2.125inch step sided ballooner rims powder coated and laced with Mussleman hubs. The tires are new repro Prewar Red Good Year Patterned Quality rubber. The Orig. Struts, Stem. Crank, and Sproket have been beautifully re-chromed. The headset and Torrington bottom Bracket are an unique silver that I have not seen before ( Looks Aluminum ). I Have Taken the Handlebars in the picture off and have a Torrington period war bars ( still coated in army green ) that I planned on getting Chromed as a proper period replacement. The Grips, Pedals, Drop stand, and seat post are nice reproductions. The seat is a wonderful Vintage Wrights leather saddle - the bike was restored by Luxlow as found - he suggests that it would have had stainless stepped gutter fenders, a deep bucket saddle and cross braced handle bars. There is conflicting Excelsior H P Snyder ownership dates ans this is how Luxlow decided - although the frame is H P Snyder - H P snyder could have sold Excelsior MFG Co Michigan City frames for assembly of their bikes before H P Snyder bought Excelsior. This Excelsior Bicycle is restored for riding. $800.00 plus shipping - item located in Portland Oregon

excelsior1.jpg
excelsior2.jpg
excelsior3.jpg
excelsior5.jpg
excelsior4.jpg
excelsior6.jpg
excelsior7.jpg
excelsior8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Fs $800

Ok If no one is interested ( now that it is priced - make an offer! ) I am going to throw it up on E-bay - tomorrow. Would rather a collector had it than Joe public

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back