When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s-40s Excelsior

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Almost back together...so the 2nd and 3rd pictures convince me that this was not re-badged. I took apart the bottom bracket at it was a real hodge podge of parts. 2 different bearing manufacturers. I'm thinking that the chainring and possibly crank might not be original. If it isn't a Harris bicycle, what kind of chain ring would this have had? I have a period-correct but possibly not model correct lower end in the mail to me but I only want to re-asseble this once.

there was an interesting earlier discussion the history of Excelsior of Michigan City, Indiana below:

Anyway, learned opinions always appreciated...T

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6241.JPG

IMG_6240.JPG

Almost back together...so the 2nd and 3rd pictures convince me that this was not re-badged. I took apart the bottom bracket at it was a real hodge podge of parts. 2 different bearing manufacturers. I'm thinking that the chainring and possibly crank might not be original. If it isn't a Harris bicycle, what kind of chain ring would this have had? I have a period-correct but possibly not model correct lower end in the mail to me but I only want to re-asseble this once.

there was an interesting earlier discussion the history of Excelsior of Michigan City, Indiana below:

Anyway, learned opinions always appreciated...T

View attachment 1099796

View attachment 1099797

View attachment 1099798

Looks great!

Finally back together. Went for the shakeout cruise this afternoon- there was some technical difficulties on the ride back where the rear hub innards tried to unscrew themselves but I will sort that out. Anyway, will be on the lookout for a few more period accessories and a drop stand for less than a Ben Franklin but overall pretty happy with it and it didn’t fall into the water so...win.

E4564C2D-FC5A-47F0-BBBD-9FCC69CDFC09.jpeg

02FC98D7-5029-4392-BFE5-414EA468F47B.jpeg

Finally back together. Went for the shakeout cruise this afternoon- there was some technical difficulties on the ride back where the rear hub innards tried to unscrew themselves but I will sort that out. Anyway, will be on the lookout for a few more period accessories and a drop stand for less than a Ben Franklin but overall pretty happy with it and it didn’t fall into the water so...win.

View attachment 1107019

View attachment 1107020

Back