When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~ 1930's Camelback Carcass ~ ID Help Needed! ~

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
A bit of a question mark here as the badge stealers got to this one too.... It's a mid thirties camelback style frame, for 26" balllon tires, with a 19" crank to seat tube top measurement. The headbadge holes are vertical and are approx 2.5" apart. The bb is stamped C7 over A124322. The fork looks like a Columbia, and the crank looks like what I have seen on Elgin & other mid 30's bikes. Hopefully someone can help out with a proper ID on this as I would like to subtract any incorrect and add any correct other parts I have before it goes to the for sale section.

Thanks for looking!

Nate

DSCN8142.JPG

DSCN8143.JPG

DSCN8144.JPG

DSCN8145.JPG

DSCN8146.JPG

DSCN8147.JPG

DSCN8149.JPG

DSCN8150.JPG

DSCN8151.JPG

DSCN8152.JPG

DSCN8153.JPG

DSCN8156.JPG

The frame geometry looks a lot like this Westfield Camelback from 1935 and earlier. For 1936 the model changes with more gradual bend on the top frame tube, Slight bend to the upper rear fork and a longer headtube. The serial number and markings does indicate July of 1936 for sure. Possibly a Westfield built Elgin and not a model offered under the Westfield or Columbia brands after 35.

scan0002.jpg

Back