When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s (Colson?) tricycle for sale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$90

Adam1231

Finally riding a big boys bike
For sale. Asking $90.00 plus actual ship.

Looking for some info on this old trike. Anyone recognize it? Kinda cool it has lady liberty painted on the headbage area. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

IMG_7267.JPG

IMG_7268.JPG

IMG_7269.JPG

IMG_7270.JPG

IMG_7271.JPG

Last edited:
Looking for some info on this old trike. Anyone recognize it? Kinda cool it has lady liberty painted on the headbage area. Any info would be appreciated. Will be for sale very soon.

Thanks guys!

View attachment 1134622

View attachment 1134623

View attachment 1134624

View attachment 1134625

View attachment 1134626

If you want to sell it list in the for sale section with a price. Saying "it will be for sale soon" sounds like you are fishing for a buyer. V/r Shawn

If you want to sell it list in the for sale section with a price. Saying "it will be for sale soon" sounds like you are fishing for a buyer. V/r Shawn

I could see that now. I’ll remove that part. But def not fishing on this one LOL. I’m just trying to find out what company produced these and anything else I can learn about it before listing it. Is there a better section for this that’s just for information?

Last edited:
I could see that now. I’ll remove that part. But def not fishing on this one LOL. I’m just trying to find out what company produced these and anything else I can learn about it before listing it. Is there a better section for this that’s just for information?
Nope you're in the right section. @ridingtoy may be able to help you with this one. The step plates are probably the 'tell' on this one. I'm thinking very late '30s-early '40s. V/r Shawn

Yes, as Shawn and Mark mentioned, it was also the round rear step plates that tell me Colson and definitely looks later 1930s to me, too. Colson used both round and oval step plates on different models/different years. The 1934 Mickey Mouse trike is an example of their oval step use. The Lady liberty badge is no doubt some store brand that Colson sold their products through.

Dave

Yes, as Shawn and Mark mentioned, it was also the round rear step plates that tell me Colson and definitely looks later 1930s to me, too. Colson used both round and oval step plates on different models/different years. The 1934 Mickey Mouse trike is an example of their oval step use. The Lady liberty badge is no doubt some store brand that Colson sold their products through.

Dave
B64177A3-9D36-46BD-8735-C68AAD8CA0C3.jpeg

The mickey mouse trike was 1933-35
The Desoto wagon was 1933-1937

fathers day tribute to Ronald W Miller President of the board of directors Walt Disney Family Museum .... Son in Law of Walt Disney owner of Silverado Vineyards Napa Ca

Last edited:
View attachment 1140035

The mickey mouse trike was 1933-35
The Desoto wagon was 1933-1937

fathers day tribute to Ronald W Miller President of the board of directors Walt Disney Family Museum .... Son in Law of Walt Disney owner of Silverado Vineyards Napa Ca
That's a beautiful example of the Mickey Mouse tricycle. The art deco looking head badge and more streamlned seat top put this one in the 1934-35 range. The 1933-34 models had a standard looking long spring saddle and different head badge design - photo examples are in this CABE topic - https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/truly-rare-1934-colson-mickey-mouse-tricycle.19934/

If I could go back in time, purchase only one tricycle, and bring it back with me, this would be the one!

Dave

Back