When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s Hawthorne value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

krazikev

Finally riding a big boys bike
Whats it worth in this condition fellas??

Screenshot_2018-11-19-17-31-27.png

Screenshot_2018-11-19-17-31-14.png

I got $300 for a stripped down but rideable 1930 Westfield, which I believe also made Hawthorne. Yours should be worth that at least. A set of tubular tires will run you that same price.
EC16C154-B81A-4D31-9C06-68E1B6A59C50.jpeg

I have 1930's Westfield Hawthorne also. The 1st pictured appears to be Snyder built Hawthorne, with the star chain ring.
What is the bike worth - it depends. What are the special parts worth, probably a lot more than the bike.
Let us think about the math, ~$200 for the McCauley tank, $ for long spring seat, post, clamp screw; $ for cross-bar handle bar, stem, fork; $ for off-brand klaxon, light; $ for non-truss fork, frame; $ for fenders, braces; $ for special wood wheels, rims, spokes, or hubs (peculiar front); $ for skip-link chain, sprockets, cranks, $ for basket. Well, I hope how you can see that it does not all add up. Did you say free shipping?
Oh wait, I see the 2 truss rods are there; add some $ each; and pedals too.

Last edited:
Part of the problem for me and maybe others are the pictures; there’s not a lot to go on. Here’s my best guess on eBay pricing: If the klaxon horn is good that’s worth $80-100, the light maybe $60-80 or more depending on model & condition, the tank (if no holes and you have both sides) maybe $150 or more?? The rest (frame,wheels, seat frame,etc.) I’d guess $300-$325,depending on condition, if sold as a whole bike w/o those accessories. Just my opinion based on your photos.

Maybe somewhere to start your research:
I have a 20’s motobike with that sprocket and it’s badged a Rollfast. Here’s another motobike with that sprocket noted as an HP Snyder: http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle518

$300 for a stripped down is about right. Like Archie said that tank will net you 2 C notes. That sucker is a little gold mine.

Back