When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930's or 40's Hettrick Tricycle Wagon.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

2THECURB650

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am trying to find more info on this trike. What year it might be or any other info you can provide. If any one has parts or even a Badge for this Trike wagon let me know. Starting to restore this really soon.

By the way. Was this trike wagon always this color? or was it more of a Red like other bikes that were made?

IMG_20131129_144743.jpg

IMG_20131129_145027.jpg

Yea it does help. I have came across those websites. Looking for the front badge so I can put one on my trike. I know they are hard to find but im sure somewhere there is one laying around.

Any one know what year is was? 30's or 40's?

Hettrick appears to have made these for several years from the late 1940s to mid 1950s. The book Riding Toys has catalog pages from 1949 to 1954 showing this tricycle model...could have also been made before and after those years with no catalogs surviving to show it. The ones from the 1940s had the truss rods on the front wheel like yours, whereas the 50s models didn't. Based on that, I'd say yours dates to the 1940s. I doubt it would be from the 1930s because certain design features on the tricycle don't seem to fit that era.

I believe a couple members here on the CABE reproduce bike and trike decals if you can't locate an original.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. That was very informational. When i originally bought the trike wagon it was listed as a 1939 Hettrick Tricycle wagon but i knew it might have been a later date in the 40's because of the front fender forks. Those forks are like the ones on a late 40's Schwinn model. Do you have a picture of the cover for the Book Riding Toys ? Id like to take a look at that and see if i can purchase one online.

This is the book I have: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RID...utdoor_Toys_Structures_US&hash=item258b564ae8

I just linked the first one I came across on ebay. You might be able to find one for a cheaper price. Though that isn't a bad price considering mine cost $29.95 plus mailing several years ago. A lot of the catalog pages from major stores never mentioned brand names, but you can tell which ones are Hettrick trike wagons by appearance.

Dave

Did you find someone who can makes the Head Badge? They are a decal? I have tried a few, but my original photo is not so good.

Where is the finished Photo?

Terry

Last edited:
Back