When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s Racing Frame, Pierce?

-

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello,
I am trying to identify this frame.
pencil-stays-11.jpg

More photos can be seen here

http://www.fattiretrading.com/pencil-stays.html

Thanks,
Chris

I would be surprised to see an old US company like Pierce using BSA and other British fittings for their bikes.

I know that was standard for small craft American builders in the 20’s and 30’s and admittedly I have no clue what the fate of the Pierce company was at that time but the bike def. screams British to me.

Edit- I’m told it was Angola Pierce standard to use BSA fittings, shows what I know!
Maybe I’ll just stick to my 1890s gear, simpler times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's an English 30's ( 28 inch ) wood rim, racing frame that I have. Similar, but slightly different than yours. Yours may be an English bicycle? Maybe it also takes those narrow wood rims also. Guys on here would know. They're a well informed bunch! Study my boy, study!!!;)
The gentleman that I purchased mine from said it was a Brampton. I didn't know they manufactured bicycles also. He probably was wrong. There was never a badge it appears (no holes)

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Last edited:
Brampton were a fittings /parts manufacturer.
There were so many small scale, high quality British manufacturers in the 20's/30's. I could try a few V-CC contacts if you don’t mind me using your photos to show them.
I think, personally, that the BSA headclip may be a replacement item, usually you see bikes with all BSA fittings. Nice find though, real quality.

Brampton were a fittings /parts manufacturer.
There were so many small scale, high quality British manufacturers in the 20's/30's. I could try a few V-CC contacts if you don’t mind me using your photos to show them.
I think, personally, that the BSA headclip may be a replacement item, usually you see bikes with all BSA fittings. Nice find though, real quality.
The fork was made for a head clip headset. So I think the headset is likely original, like the right crank arm. Since neither bottom bracket cup matches, I am assuming that they wore out and were replaced. I think the things to use to determine or confirm the manufacturer are the lugs, drop outs, serial number and offset head badge holes.

Back