When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s Racing Frame, Pierce?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fat tire trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello,
I am trying to identify this frame.
pencil-stays-11.jpg

More photos can be seen here

http://www.fattiretrading.com/pencil-stays.html

Thanks,
Chris

I would be surprised to see an old US company like Pierce using BSA and other British fittings for their bikes.

I know that was standard for small craft American builders in the 20’s and 30’s and admittedly I have no clue what the fate of the Pierce company was at that time but the bike def. screams British to me.

Edit- I’m told it was Angola Pierce standard to use BSA fittings, shows what I know!
Maybe I’ll just stick to my 1890s gear, simpler times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's an English 30's ( 28 inch ) wood rim, racing frame that I have. Similar, but slightly different than yours. Yours may be an English bicycle? Maybe it also takes those narrow wood rims also. Guys on here would know. They're a well informed bunch! Study my boy, study!!!;)
The gentleman that I purchased mine from said it was a Brampton. I didn't know they manufactured bicycles also. He probably was wrong. There was never a badge it appears (no holes)

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Last edited:
Brampton were a fittings /parts manufacturer.
There were so many small scale, high quality British manufacturers in the 20's/30's. I could try a few V-CC contacts if you don’t mind me using your photos to show them.
I think, personally, that the BSA headclip may be a replacement item, usually you see bikes with all BSA fittings. Nice find though, real quality.

Brampton were a fittings /parts manufacturer.
There were so many small scale, high quality British manufacturers in the 20's/30's. I could try a few V-CC contacts if you don’t mind me using your photos to show them.
I think, personally, that the BSA headclip may be a replacement item, usually you see bikes with all BSA fittings. Nice find though, real quality.
The fork was made for a head clip headset. So I think the headset is likely original, like the right crank arm. Since neither bottom bracket cup matches, I am assuming that they wore out and were replaced. I think the things to use to determine or confirm the manufacturer are the lugs, drop outs, serial number and offset head badge holes.

Back