When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1930s Racing Frame, Pierce?

-
Here's an English 30's ( 28 inch ) wood rim, racing frame that I have. Similar, but slightly different than yours. Yours may be an English bicycle? Maybe it also takes those narrow wood rims also. Guys on here would know. They're a well informed bunch! Study my boy, study!!!;)
The gentleman that I purchased mine from said it was a Brampton. I didn't know they manufactured bicycles also. He probably was wrong. There was never a badge it appears (no holes)

View attachment 997425

View attachment 997426

View attachment 997427

View attachment 997428

View attachment 997429

View attachment 997430

View attachment 997431
Your frame has keyhole lugs, which were very common, not like the lugs on my frame. Your fork's crown is also different, not like my fork's crown which is very much the style used by Pierce and similarly by some others. I don't see any real similarities between my frame and yours.
At first, I thought my frame was likely British. If my frame had French threads, I would think its French...
As to your frame being a Brampton, it is likely that it had Brampton parts. The man that sold me my frame thought it was a BSA for the same reason.

The fork was made for a head clip headset. So I think the headset is likely original, like the right crank arm. Since neither bottom bracket cup matches, I am assuming that they wore out and were replaced. I think the things to use to determine or confirm the manufacturer are the lugs, drop outs, serial number and offset head badge holes.
Brampton also made headclip type headsets.
That fork definitely looks more U.S. style than U.K. As you say, parts have worn out and been replaced over time; that seat post is also an unusual one from a U.K. perspective.
Interesting!

Here is another one

britt-pierce-1.PNG

britt-pierce-2.PNG

Back